Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Non-Olympics coverage

I actually went to the NBC Olympics web site today. This is a big deal for me as I don't usually look up information about one of my least favorite things to do (watch TV) on one of my least favorite things (computers). But I want to watch the finals in the women's shot put and all I know is that it's on sometime today from noon to 4.

Why am I interested in such an obscure wrinkle in the track and field panoply? Thanks for asking! It's because I was a shot-putter in high school for one glorious year and coached that same event for 3 years. And I was pretty good, too.

Anyway, while I was looking, I noticed that when NBC is NOT broadcasting the Olympics, they don't list the individual shows. Rather, they lump them into one big blank chunk labelled "Non-Olympic programming." That about sums up my TV viewing (and entertainment prospects) for the next two weeks--except for the Lucinda Williams concert the middle of this week. Oh who will tape the Olympics for me???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home