Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pressing Items.

I am growing increasingly stressed as I ponder the following list of things that I must do:
1. Create and practice 2-2.5 hour presentation for Buffalo, NY econ teachers. Due?: Friday at the latest so I can send a copy to NY in time for modifications. I meant to do it this weekend, but...things got in the way. Damn you, Voldemort!
2. Secure a hall and caterer for a luncheon and Q&A session for 35 people, 4 of whom are members of the UK's Parliament (House of Commons), 4 of whom are young political leaders in the UK, 1 of whom is their tour guide from the U.S. Dept. of State, 1 of whom is their MO host, and 25 of whom are Hometownians that I've invited to give them an idea of how small-town residents feel about Big Government Issues. Due date: Next Monday Event date: February 7
3. Create an informative cheat sheet of those guests, Boonville's history and pertinent demographic information, and how the UK Parliament is organized, key players, etc. Due date: Next Monday (I'm in Buffalo next Tues-Thursday)
4. Get a "kid's area" organized, complete with events, magicians, and big-time sponsors (whom I've yet to call) for the first annual Best of MO Life Festival. Due date for at least getting people called: Friday (there's a planning meeting on Friday morning) Date of event: May 2
5. Get business tax information to the accountant. Estimated time: 2 hours. Due: Friday (some business stuff is due January 31 and I am otherwise occupied next week).
6. Start and complete a survey of downtown businesses regarding their participation in (or resistance to) Chamber of Commerce events. Requires going to these businesses and talking to the people in charge. Most will be cool, some will not be. The last event was at the end of September; I got the questionnaire in mid-November. Due date: Um, it should have been done, but I'm now thinking that I'll be happy to have it done by, oh, mid-February, and I should have never agreed to do it at all. Stupid!
7. This just in! Create a 1/4 page ad for the newspaper in order to take advantage of last minute deal. Due: Friday at noon.

So, those are the big things. There's also all the regular stuff in my day, an increasingly dirty house, and the animals. Oh--and did I mention that I'm burning my way through Harry Potter--halfway through the 4th book--and I'd like nothing so much as to take a short sabbatical from everyone and everything and just READ? I didn't? Well, that's what I want to do.

As if.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as if.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home