Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

On A Lighter Note . . .

I fully realized over the Christmas holiday that I am too old and bed-spoiled to sleep on an air mattress on the floor.

It is distressing to have to peel your crying kid off of your leg at day care, telling him "no, you have to stay here" as he sobs "but I don't waaaaant to!"

My favorite gift for Christmas this year was an XM satellite radio system, followed by my Ott-Lite--"true color" for reading and quilting. Also, Stevie, with the financial help of his grandma, picked out a hot mitt for his dad with pictures of Kevin's beloved Tabasco sauce on it. For me, he was leaning towards a bell, but decided that I would like the souvenir-grade ceramic thimble, with "Route 66" written on it, better.

My favorite gift to give was the quilt I made for Kevin's aunt and uncle (even though it wasn't finished), the copper sauce pan I got for my best friend, and the cooking class that I signed my stepdad up for--he seemed genuinely surprised and pleased.

That's it for now!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

I really like Stevie's choices, hot mitt and thimble, for his mom and dad. He's got a nice, protective theme going there.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home