Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pressing Items Update.

1. Started. I've pledged to not read the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire until it's finished. A self-inflicted cruciatus curse!
2. Pretty much done! I've reserved the state headquarters of the MO Daughters of the American Revolution and their wonderful caterers. I hope our British friends find the wry humour in eating lunch at a mansion that belongs to the ancestors of the rebels who kicked their asses in that little scrap a couple hundred years back. I say "pretty much done" because I just got a call from a VERY outspoken member of our community who owns a restaurant downtown and wants to know if the City went through a bidding process--for a LUNCHEON. I told him that, no, we didn't, that nothing was confirmed, and that he is free to send a menu and a price. However, I didn't tell him that, all food being equal, I would much rather have our international guests eating in a well-preserved Victorian-era MANSION than in a not-so-well-preserved restaurant/bar. I mean, there are intangibles here, people.
3. Begun. The guest list of 25 Hometownians is solid. I started the Hometown cheat sheet.
4. Called a would-be sponsor and told that I have to write a letter outlining the reason behind the sponsorship to their corporate office. I'll try.
5. To be completed today before I leave.
6. No. Not even close.
7. Nearly complete! I'm going to do that right...now. See ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger lulu said...

#5--Done!!! I'm on my way to the accountant right...now. Here's hoping she doesn't lay any other tasks on me. Up for tonight? Buffalo. Yuck.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home