Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Lame Attempt

I owe 'thanks' to so many, and have been so lame about giving it, and just want to list a few here in case I get crushed by someone's tombstone today and never have a chance.

1. Thank you, Burb, for the CD and the HP 7 book on CD. Your friendship, which extends into taking the time to actually mail something (!), means a lot to me. I do appreciate it.

2. Thank you, Ted, for driving out to Missouri to surprise me on my birthday! I never even wrote about it in my blog! (Partly because I don't care so much about mine or anyone else's birthdays.) But isn't that a cool thing to do? Ted told my husband and he told Stevie, and they were both so hush hush that, when Ted pulled up in the driveway, I caught a glimpse of his truck out of the corner of my eye and thought, "That looks like Ted's truck." A few seconds later, my mind feverishly worked out that yeah, duh, that IS Ted's truck! It was an amazing gesture, and I loved our visit. And, he brought FOUR pies, and quickly became a very popular guy around these parts.

3. Thank you, Sharon, for the "settling in" gift and for continuing to send pictures of your kids and a little package of goodies that my kids adore, each and every holiday. I'm beyond impressed that you manage that. Every time I think about calling you, it's a bad time for me or for you. Dear reader, Sharon has FOUR children under the age of six, and a job, and a house, and she manages to take a themed photograph, with appropriately festive children, and a goody envelope, for every holiday. It's amazing, and she is amazing, and, Sharon, I thank you.

By the way, these are in no particular order!

4. Thank you, Mom, for taking the time and shouldering the expense of coming out here to visit. You are no trouble, the kids--even the little one!--get excited about it, and it's wonderful to have you here.

I've got to get back to it. Best of Missouri Life festival this weekend, which means lots of last minute prep, my Chamber job starts tomorrow, I have two lambs to bottle feed right now, and I've just got to get going.

Oh--and thank you, Burb, for unknowingly getting me to do this.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I didn't do it for the thanks, but "You're welcome."

Keep dancing til the music stops . . . and a belated happy birthday. I should have remembered and I'll have a talk to Sr. Picante about his lackadasical attitude re. same.

Until later . . .

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home