Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

Great! I was just writing an informational title and now that song is in my head. It's not a bad song, just a little melancholy.

Quick update:
I'm back from New York. The presentation went really well and I made a few good changes for next week's. So that's done. I'll fly back to New York this Sunday and do it all over again.

I'm on track in the tourism office, but my to do list is long. Very long.

I'm interviewing for the Chamber job tomorrow night and I need to get some ideas down on paper and get my 'talking points' all sharpened. Last night when I got home from my trip, I was freaking out and thinking that there's no way in hell I can work full-time again. Why? Because the chickens are STILL in the kitchen and, at this point, they could take on abnormally-large crows and kick their asses. Their dust is everywhere, and I swept just before I left. One of them is a little bit sick, and that sickness could be cured by space and sunlight.

Also, the house was sorta clean but much messier than I left it. The meat I thawed for Kevin to incorporate into simple spaghetti or meatloaf was in the fridge, untouched and slowly rotting. And I looked around and thought, "Shit. If I go to work full-time, and Kevin continues to completely disregard the family and consumer sciences in favor of working all the time, I'm going to have to figure out another way to get the cleaning, shopping, cooking, appointments, animal care, and gardening done."

And we all know there is no cure for that, save for giving up all sleep. And I love to sleep. (aaaahhhhh...bed.)

But then we talked about all that. I'll get through the interview. If they can meet my terms and nothing else comes up that turns me off, I'll take it. At least until we can pay off our credit card debt and my school loan. (Two years? Maybe?) After that, we'll re-assess.

Taken on its own, the job offers a lot of opportunities.

I'll tell you more about them some other time, but I'm thinking of the opportunity to create an agritourism industry in these here parts, get young people (I kinda hate the word "youth" as in "involve our youth") involved in various entrepreneur activities--even establish that youth (ugh!) co-op that I talked about. On and on. This is supposed to be a quick update. I need to go home and make some meatloaf. Oh yeah, and I want to give a rundown on the big sustainable agriculture conference I attended last week. Way cool. I even met a guy from Ohio U. Not only were we the same age, but we are friends with all--and I mean all--of the same people! He gave me updates on very old friends, roommates, landlords, and boyfriends. It was awesome. He started the paw paw festival and you Ohio people should go: http://www.ohiopawpawfest.com/

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home