Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bad Mood

Sometimes you just wake up in a bad mood.

That happened to me this morning. There's a variety of reasons for it. I laid in bed and tried to shake it--tried to capture the meaning of the "Zen Short" storybook that I read to Stevie a couple of weeks ago, in which a little kid was mad at his brother and it ruined the little kid's day. The giant Zen panda told the kid that that anger was a heavy load, and he had been carrying it all day. Didn't he want to drop it?

I understand the logic behind that, but I'm not as disciplined as the giant Zen panda.

But, knowing something about meditation, I laid there and took notice of the thoughts in my head. I grew frustratingly bemused that all of them involved some kind of argument. I fully realized the amount of work that is still left to be done on myself. Mentally and physically. Well, you really need both, right?

Even after that sage realization, I'm in a dark mood. I hate hate hate local "news", and that was the last thing I heard last night because Kevin had it on, waiting for the weather. Besides the usual rape and murder and rape/murder stories, they actually reported a story about a car accident involving a Ferrari . . . in Malibu. This was Big because, apparently, it's the SECOND crash involving a Ferrari in a short time, and the Ferrari was worth OVER $500,000!!! Isn't that important to you? That totally spoiled any residual happiness I felt regarding Taylor's big win on Idol. The only thing that would cheer me up now is if someone found the person responsible for the aptly named "Parkway" that I am forced to travel each weekday morning and brought me that person's head on a plate.

Or maybe I should get some oatmeal and sit here--I know! I'll listen to music!--until all of these bad vibes steam away. I'm afraid that that's about the best I'm gonna do today. Call me defeatist. I dare ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home