Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Daily Grind

No, this isn't a post about obnoxious coffee shop names. Or coffee. I am still not a coffee achiever. However, I remain an achiever.

No, this is a post to provide basic information on my day-to-day these days.

I get up around 6:30, lay in bed as long as possible. The kids get dressed, fed, organized. So do Kevin and I. Mark needs nothing more than clean clothes, a clean diaper, a belly full of milk and whatever food we're having that morning, and--OF COURSE!!!--his blankie. That kid is a Linus fo sho. He's having some problems with separation anxiety--the babysitter says that 18 months is the worst time to change a kid's routine. Oh well! Sorry baby.

Stevie needs a big breakfast--the one meal he will eat without a fuss, clean clothes (yellow shirt this week for soccer camp--he's part of team Brazil), clean teeth, a Camelbak filled with water, a huge water bottle filled with ice (to provide cold water during camp, which is 1-4 on a sun-drenched soccer field), a lunch that doesn't require refrigeration (PB and honey on whole wheat, a cheese stick, and a small sugary snack, every day), his bathing suit and a towel, sunscreen, various small toys and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, and other misc. items depending on field trips, crazy hat day, etc.

Kevin needs coffee and clothes. He wears Carhartt shorts and a nice T-shirt or polo shirt and boots to work. I need breakfast and clothes. I wear almost exactly what I wore to McGraw-Hill, only a shorter version--V-neck T, clogs, and chino-type SHORTS. Somehow it feels much more comfortable!

After dropping off the kids at their convenient locations, Kevin and I head to the office (in separate cars). He to make monuments, and he's been making a good amount lately! I can see how the money will add up one day. Oh, we get paid now, but until we turn that first dollar of profit it doesn't impress me. And that's a ways away.

I will be working at the shop 3 days per week. On the 4th day I'll clean the house and do the shopping and some cooking sans children bugging me. The 5th day is a flex day. Go to the shop? Do something fun with the kids? Freelance? It's flexible.

Well, my husband is standing over me now, bitching about me not working on receipts. That is one of my goals for today--get the receipts in order and start on Quickbooks. We're meeting with our new accountant next week, so I need to work on QB to begin generating the long list of questions I'm sure I'll have. The day after meeting with her, we're meeting with our lawyer to set up our company entity in a legal fashion and to change our will. If we die, Kevin's sister gets the kids AND any money. My brother did get control of the money, but now the money will logically follow the kids.

My other goal is to get our old insurance info to our new insurance people. I also need to get medical records switched over. And I need to open a personal checking account.

I paid $300 today for childcare--Stevie for 3 weeks, Mark for 1. Tonight I'll start a Pilates class at the Y. Kevin will babysit Mark while Stevie has his swim lesson. Then we'll eat dinner--I think chicken with black beans and salad. Kids go to bed by 8:30 at the latest. We'll probably watch The Office.

Still awake?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

I'm awake but exhausted. My evolving understanding of evolution has come to the conclusion that Nature, in its wisdom, has spared "older" people from bearing children for good reason. At some point, it's better to stand on the sidelines and dish out unsolicited advice, er, wisdom.

1:51 PM  
Blogger David said...

$300 for what amounts to FOUR WEEKS of childcare?!

You're not telling me something or I'm moving to Mizzou! That's C-H-E-A-P!!

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know, Burb. Kevin was balking at $90 a week for Mark--that's $90 for what could be 7:30-5:30 M-F. I said, "Do you REMEMBER what we paid at La Petite?!" Even with our M-H discount, it would have been about $800 month for Mark!

Stevie's is about $60 week, more if they go on a fancy field trip. For instance, it's $85 for next week because they are going to Six Flags. It's awesome.
Lulu

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to get control of your money if you passed?!! I didn't know that, but I'm honored you would trust me. Now I'm pissed off that I don't get it!!! Don't cry for me though, it's just a control thing. I still luv ya sis.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home