Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Pretty busy.

Too busy to write much this week, I'm afraid. We went to the final business expo/festival last night. Another good night of customer relations, but it makes for a full 12-hour day.

I took today off except for cleaning my filthy house. And it's not quite done, either. You know when it gets too gross and you don't even want to start? It's kinda like that. Dried up Cheerios on the table, food debris on the floor. If Mark didn't eat it, there would be more. And what do they make Cheerios out of? Paste? Those things hang on to a table or a bowl as if they were coated with epoxy.

Regardless, Mark and I had a nice time this morning. I decided to spend time with my little guy at the expense of efficiency but we both gained a gorgeous, impossibly blue sky morning. We went for a 2-hour walk around town, running the loosest of errands. Mark was hanging out in his backpack, but pretty much ran the last 3/4 mile home. That kid can really move--I have to jog to keep up with him! When we got back, we took a nice tractor ride around the yard and pasture, picked up a few acorns and a couple of handfuls of pecans. The pecan trees are shedding their bounty. Every time I go outside, I pick up at least 10 before I allow myself to go back in. In the next week or so, that's going to take all of a few seconds.

I remember creating games with my little friends based on the wealth we could find in the woods and lawns of middle America. Acorns became currency and art fodder, as did milkweed pods and cool flowers and really pretty, perfect fall leaves. Today, kids (and adults) have those video games where they have to go around and collect swords and jewels and power fluids to accomplish their goal. Pity. And, of course, that's not the way it should be...or has to be. There's too much to do outside to bother too much with that crap. And we'll have animals by tomorrow, so there'll be even more to do outside.

I'm rambling. Talk to you soon, dear reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home