Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, September 10, 2007

I knew it was too good to be true.

I finally settled on a health insurance policy late last month. I received the policy last Friday and sat down to read through it today.

I was thinking--and was TOLD--that we had a $10,000 deductible, per person, with pretty cheap prescription drugs AND--the cherry--we could have our regular preventive office visits for $45 a pop WITHOUT meeting the deductible first. All for $194.30/month. I even said to the agent, after getting answers for my many, many clarifying questions, "it sounds too good to be true."

Turns out, it's FALSE. The company doesn't even offer a policy like that, let alone for that price. If I want a high deductible with the office visits, I have to drop down to a $5,000 deductible ($$), add the office visits ($$$), and go with an 80/20 plan as opposed to a 100%-covered-after-the-big-deductible >: - (

New price? $348 per month.

I called the agent, gently expressed my disappointment, and he is currently addressing the problem. Or else running to Mexico.

God dammit! What does a gal have to do to get a break around here?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home