Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The day after....

Woke up with a cold, a lamb that could barely stand, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by all the work I need to do, and that feeling keeps me from starting.

I came home from a morning meeting feeling droopy. I decided to shop online for something to wear to the annual dinner next week, a semi-formal affair. Even online I can't find a thing. There are loads of plus size stores, but I hate almost all of the clothes (not all fat girls have big boobs OR want every dress to stop right at the knee!). The clothes I liked were sold out in every color or not offered in my size or not available until the day after the banquet. Even online shopping is a terrible chore.

I bought some fabric and a pattern for an easy skirt. I go to make it just now (with my neglected work duties pounding at my head) and find out that I got the wrong size pattern. I could go for it, but I'll still have to shop for a top and shoes. My wardrobe is a disaster. I'm starting to care because I've watched some "What Not To Wear" episodes and I'm looking at the fit of my clothes (or lack thereof) with a very critical eye. I have safety pens holding up bargain basement hems, a top collection consisting of little more than v-neck t's, and two pairs of work shoes--brown clogs and black clogs. I think back to the day when I used to dress really cute, in a grunge sorta way, for next-to-nothing because I had the time to scour the thrift stores for cast off 501s and rose-print jersey wrap dresses. I've always liked fashion because I love color and pattern and shape, but you'd never know it. I either lack the shape, the money, or the time to pull together a great wardrobe.

See? This is what shopping does to me. It just sucks! I hate it so much! But the pressure is there to look halfway decent!

I need an Obama motivation infusion! I'm losing it already!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

Gven Golly is addicted to What Not To Wear, and I'm jealous because Stacy and Clinton are hipper and smarter and funnier than I am. Being a non-shopper myself, all I can tell you is...YES, YOU CAN.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home