Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wednesdays with Lulu

Not much is happening. Well, that's not quite right. Lot's of things are happening, nothing is RESOLVING.

I fell off the sugar wagon, but I have cut back tremendously. Except when I was home sick yesterday. Wafflooza! Am now auditioning for the South Beach Diet. It seems very reasonable, and the good Dr. Agatston makes a convincing case against simple carbs (fruit excepted). I bought $10 worth of sugarless gum today, to fight cravings (like the big one I'm having for a Snickers RIGHT NOW!).

We still don't have our house, but we're almost there. Almost. Almost. Almost.

We still don't have a second kid, but we're almost there. Almost. Almost. Almost.

Today I chose Beck as my rock husband, if I had to choose one. He looks a lot like my actual husband. I do love the tall skinny blondes. Not sure why. If Kev had been among us, he would've chosen Aretha Franklin or Liz Phair. My second choice was Sting, but only because he was in a good band, seems like a decent chap, and has a big ol' country house in England.

I'm pretty sure I got The Job. The Job that would null and void at least the time table of plans discussed previously on this site. The job that would enable one of us to stay home, at least part-time (not me). The job that would be much more interesting than my current job at this very time. The job that is so interesting that I'm blogging! That is so interesting that I cannot stay focused on it for more than 90 seconds!

But did I get the job? Well, it's been nearly two weeks since I last interviewed, and I still don't know. Almost. Almost. Almost.

You see? I really did 'got nothin'.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

I've gone from Karen Carpenter to Joni Mitchell to Bonnie Raitt to Joan Armatrading to Michelle Shocked. I'll ask Gven; she'll say James Brown, Shawn Phillips, Mick Jagger, Duane Allman, Van Morrison...

The other stuff is frustrating. I hate having eight balls in the air in various stages of incompletion - too much like work - yet I keep creating those scenes. Next week I plan to bowl my troubles away.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home