Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Surprisingly Stressful Non-Stress Test

First test was . . . reactive! That's a good thing. Mark's heartrate rose at the proper times, meaning that there is a good connection between brain and body function, and that he is getting enough nurturing and nourishment from the placenta.

It took a long time to get a proper reading, though. When the nurse hooked me up, he was asleep. When she came in 15-20 minutes later, the readings indicated movement with no subsequent rise in heart rate (a bad thing). So she "buzzed" him with this grey plastic microphone-looking thingy and woke him up but good! I felt bad for my little guy--as soon as it went "bzzzzz" he JUMPED! After that I could hear a difference in his heart rate when he moved. I sat in the lounger, pushed the button when he moved, and gradually relaxed.

The next test is Friday, and then Tuesday, and then Friday . . . every three days til he decides to make his entrance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home