Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, January 30, 2006

I Got, Got, Got, Got No Time. No no no no no no no time.

I know--that's a hideous song! Well, I hate it, anyway.

I've been wanting to blog, but as you've probably surmised. . . .

I've been hella busy at home, what with the kiddies and the taking up my husband's newby househusband slack. He hasn't quite worked out how to care for the kids and get some chores done, too. I, of course, am a master. Most days. Plus, now he's in a different state for just over a week, leaving me to fend for the homestead.

And I've been hella busy at work, too. The three projects that I had to leave before maternity leave were, surprise!, waiting for me upon my return. I'm feeling this pressure from my boss--like he's watching my every move or something. I'm feeling very self-conscious. I have to pump breastmilk twice a day (three times, one day) so I feel bad about taking our normal-length lunches and I'm "never" in my office. Today I went out for an hour and he was like "Oh, There you are" when he popped his head around the corner. And that's the second time he's said that in the 8 days that I've been back! Plus, I HAD to go through my emails when I came back--all 900 of them--just to have room in my mailbox to send emails, so the volume of my work is low. Now he wants me to do in three days what should take at least 5 or 6, so I'm a little stressed. AND I took home work the other night and spent 3 hours working on it--a thankless task in every way. Oy vei! Whatever that means.

So here it is, my fabulous excuses excuses post. I have another one well in the works (Burb), but it will take some serious editing before it's presentable. And I have things to write about our newest family member, too! I'll get right on that--as soon as I finish this work day, go home, and try to figure out why Stevie hid in the laundry room right as the bus pulled up, missing it, and forcing the babysitter to take him to a school she has never been to before and wasn't sure where it was and the baby was in a car seat albeit one without a base so it wasn't properly secured and Stevie almost refused to allow a "stranger" to take him to school and there will be a different stranger babysitter tomorrow. . . . Oi vey.

Thank Viggo I remembered to buy that bottle of Cook's Extra Dry!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Everybody's got excuses.

Do I let lack of editing stop me?

Never!

And don't let Stevie bother you. He's learning about the world and its ever-changing nature. He'll be stronger and more adaptable because of it.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Sven Golly said...

The Guess Who rock, man, wearing flannel shirts and hockey jerseys, too! Seasons change and so did I, you need not wonder why, need not wonder why...(etc), pretty heavy. Like your blog about not blogging, in the vein of letters to mom explaining why I haven't written. But if the anecdotes about the babysitter (while good in themselves) uncork your creative juices, go for it.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home