Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, September 25, 2006

"We be JAMMIN'!"

Yes, I'm trying to come up with the worst rural fetish blogpost title ever. That one is definitely in the running.

Stevie was in the kitchen, endlessly doodling detailed alien/Uruk-hai battle scenes with Sharpies on the one-sided paper I bring home from work. I was standing at the counter, doing something. Again with the memory problems. I heard a buzzing sound, looked to my left, and there it was--a bee-like creature (not a bee, not a wasp, but tubular with yellow/black stripes--what IS this thing?) and it was hovering in one spot. I mean not moving at all, except for the seemingly exhausting flapping of wings. I moved a touch to one side, it turned to look. I moved a step thataway, it turned to face me. I alerted Stevie and we watched, increasingly amused, as the bee-like creature watched me, probably amused him/herself. Finally, it landed on Stevie's chair (which he had vacated moments before) and Stevie decided to get his bug habitat (a hard-plastic container all done-up inside to resemble a bug-world; nice, but fakey--kinda like "natural" zoo habitats) and catch the little fella/gal.

Now Stevie is sitting on a barstool, bug habitat in hand. (The sham bee followed us into the living room and was taking a rest on the floor.) When I say Stevie was sitting on a barstool, I mean that he was sitting on top of the barstool--straddling the narrow ridge that was designed to cradle only the shoulder blades, not developing testes. Looking up long enough from my selfish pursuits to notice this precarious perch, I said, "That's a really good way to jam your testicles, Stevie." After a brief reminder of what testicles were, he dismounted.

A moment later, Stevie said it was time to catch the bee. I said, "Must you catch it? It's sitting right there on the floor. A true scientist would observe it in its ersatz natural environment instead of traumatizing it, placing it in a distinctly unnatural environment, albeit one that has been contoured and painted to resemble a natural environment--if that environment was a desert moon with plastic palm trees. Why don't you just watch it?" Or something to that effect.

In a gloriously surreal crossing of brain waves and conversational paths, Stevie answered,

"But I'm only going to jam his testicles for a little while!"

Living with kids--you can't make this shit up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

And one morning, when Gregor Samsa woke up, he discovered that he was NOT a cockroach after all, but a big, hovering bumblebee, and some humans were closely observing him while jamming his testicles on a little faux bar stool surrounded by little faux palm trees.

(to be continued)

11:04 AM  
Blogger David said...

My contribution is not so "gripping" or literary, but Sarah devised a "CEP OUT" (that's KEEP OUT) sign for her door yesterday.

L. and I wondered who she was keeping out and why. S. said that you could only come in if it was important--because it was her room--and she would be the one to decide if it was important or not.

So, we're getting teen-aged attitude at the tender young age of six? Hot Dog!

***

(As a partial amelioration, she did later make a CEP OUT sign for her parent's door but I doubt anyone will pay attention to it.)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home