Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good times.


Stevie and I went to the Buckeye football game this past Saturday. We had such a great time! Really--it was awesome. Besides the spectacle of 100,000+ people who come out for the football, sure, but for other things, too (the band, the tradition, the tailgating, whatever), the crisp weather held, the planes came in for landings at Port Columbus, the pizza was great and free and fast thanks to a generous co-worker, the people sitting next to us thought Stevie was the cutest little guy ever, we got pictures with the band, and we spent the whole day having fun with each other.

In other news...I'm sure many of you know of my brother's divorce saga. In a nutshell, the ex is a nut. She has held their "marital home" hostage for the last two years. She also brought suit against my brother for all these things he supposedly did wrong, only he just happens to have paper trails that disprove everything she said. The result of all this ridiculousness has been the slow draining of my brother's bank account, as he has to shell out his kids' college money to pay for lawyers and is basically forced to support two households (this support goes way beyond child support, of which he gives generously and unfailingly).

But there is a light on the horizon. After many ex-generated court continuances (which puts all the strain on my brother, who has to pay for the house that much longer), she ran out of excuses to stay in Southern State and has moved back to Ohio. Thus vacating the marital home. Now that the marital home has been vacated, my brother can finally put it up for sale, and she has to move her shit out pronto. Ha! The sweetest thing is that, since her lawyer tried to get out of the case (which was not allowed--thanks, your honor!) and is not communicating with ex, my brother is the one who got to make her aware of this news. The shrieking was music to his ears.

So now my brother will soon be able to stop supporting his evil ex and recupe thousands of dollars that he was forced to throw down the toilet, she is due in court in November (no more continuances--thanks, your honor!) and will surely lose on all counts, AND my nephews are living right down the street from my work and I'll have the opportunity to take them out on the weekends. Of course, ex could say no, but then SHE has the burden of explaining to them why they can't go with me. HA! I don't know if she would try to pull that or not. We'll see!

So everything is good right now. Even the uncertainty at work is not getting me down. If I get mergered, I'll stay home and Kevin can go to work. If I don't, there's still a light at the end of the school year....

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hurray for "positivity"!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home