Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Update

I did get the receipts in order yesterday. God, that was bo-ring. But with the help of all the free folders I scored at M-H, the job was much easier--and pleasingly color-coordinated! I can't believe the stuff people were throwing out during the big office move. I scored a bunch of sky blue box-bottomed hanging folders. I used 12 of these to set up my receipt files by the month. Inside each file are two folders--one yellow (work), one green (home). Receipts are now placed in the correct month and separated by home stuff and work stuff. We've never had enough money to do this before. We might not make enough to justify it this year, either. It's all so new.

We also went to the bank and opened a personal checking account. So now we have two--one for work (yellow) and one for home (green).

I also set up files for all our bills and medical records and business plans and crap. Yellow files for work stuff, green files for home stuff, and burgundy files for bills, to symbolize the spilling of blood.

Quickbooks will have to wait a couple more days, but the medical records are getting sent today. Oh, and I chose to spend this particular flex day at the shop, finishing the files. But only until lunchtime or so, when I'll go home and make this fabulous marinade and meatballs that I made last week. I used a lot of a really good wine that my friends got me--I'm writing down the best ones (I'm more than halfway through my cache) and I'll let ya'll know what they are. One was the Mapema Sauv Blanc, 2006. Delicious!

Oh, and I went to my Pilates class last night, preceded by an hour of step aerobics. Fun! Though I hate Pilates--all that straightening and squeezing. But hating it means I should probably do it more.

Wow. I have nothing really interesting to write about. Let's see...I went to a quilt club meeting the other night. Bo-ring. I'm not a fan of parliamentary procedure, but it might have helped move it along. A simple agenda might be a good thing. As I suspected, I was the youngest person there, but not by more than 10 years. Most of them like Thimbleberries type crap--the quilting world's equivalent to country blue goose kitchen decorations. This whole town could use a little fresh blood. And if nothing exciting happens soon, they just might get it. Ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

Currently channeling old Rocky and Bulwinkle...'spirits are about to speak'...'Are they good spirits?'...'Just listen!' (cut to commercial)
1. Just the thought of the Y camp on the grounds of Kemper Military Academy is kinda creepy. Is that where midwestern fascist insurance executives spent their youth? I want my blankie.
2. So I guess the unfortunate Aunt Kathy's soul was trapped inside a mylar balloon - until you freed it.
3. According to Margot Adler's book [Istandcorrected post TK], there is a neopagan group based in Boonville, no idea if they're into ghosts and such but might be more edgy than Thimbleberries type crap, whatever that is.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home