Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, August 31, 2007

QuickBooks is a Pain in the Ass

Yes, it is. I'm sure that once I get it all figured out, it will save me time. But, for now, let's just leave it at that.

Money flowed out of us and this business like nobody's business in August, with little return. Even with radio and local newspaper ads circulating, it has been pretty slow. Now, when I talk to people about town, they say things like "I have a big rock that I want to carve my address in", but they aren't really acting on it.

We're not stupid--we knew it would be slow at first, and that it would cost ungodly amounts of money to get going ($45k of ours' and Rob's own money, many more thousands from the business checkbook). Still, I have to constantly remind myself that that is what it takes to start a business. And at least it's a good business. The customers we've had so far have been really pleased. And my new job in City Hall (I start Tuesday) can only increase the number of people I meet, and # folks met + advertising = potential customers.

Sorry to talk about the business all the time. But it pretty much sums up my waking hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home