Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sex Music

So, Stevie is out of town and--without divulging too much (too late!)--Kevin and I took advantage of that last night. I went to pick out some music but I didn't want to "spoil the mood" by pondering too much, so I just jabbed at the CDs in a random way. My first pick was The Meat Puppets. We giggled for a second and I put it back. My second try? Slobberbone. Come ON, deities!

My third try turned up the Pixies, and that worked quite nicely.

It all reminded me of the time long ago when Kevin and I had sex like, everyday. Usually he'd pick the music and it was an Event, you know what I mean? He always picked great music, too. I specifically remember the following: Peter Gabriel's soundtrack for The Last Temptation of Christ, Beck's "Mutations" (awesome, especially "Cold Brains"), and T. Rex's "Electric Warrior." Other good ones include Ali Farke Toure and Ry Cooder's collaboration, which Diane Lane's lover played in Unfaithful, and "Exile on Main Street" by the Rolling Stones.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to throw this out there and see if anyone had any comments about good sex music. Why not? Comment anonymously if you're shy! Write down bad sex music (The Carpenters? Huey Lewis?), or really raunchy sex music. Perhaps you prefer the crafted climax of Beethoven's 9th, or the blatant play-by-play of "Slow Ride" by Foghat? Have you been jarred by the music after the games were over, as you try to cuddle to, say, the Ramones? Or keep a straight face while Barry White tells you to "take your panties off?"

Do you actually seduce your partner to records with names like "The Sounds of Seduction?"

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

THANKS A LOT!

You very well know that the Peter Gabriel soundtrack to "The Last Temptation of Christ" is one of my top ten desert island albums! And now I can never listen to it again without thinking of Kevin's hairy legs and the word "slobberbone."

GROSS!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sven Golly said...

It's high time important topics like this received the attention they deserve. The word on the street, back in the day, was that Janis Joplin was good (as in effective) seduction music for dudes wanting to make it with chicks, and the Doors were good for chicks wanting to make it with dudes. People talked like that, then. My own research indicates the veracity of those claims. Hendrix too. Maybe it's that petit mort business.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Sven Golly said...

Fleetwood Mac, especially Then Play On, Bare Trees, and that album that sold ten kajillion records in like 1976.

Soundtrack to Hair.

Neil Young, especially Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Harvest.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home