Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Killing Time

That's right! I have a few minutes to kill before Kevin and I head to the bank to close on our house. OUR house. Woo-hoo!

It's going to clean out our bubble-market-like bank account, but it means that we are free from any financial link to my dad, and Kevin can quit working for him, too. He already has higher-paying and more flexible work lined up.

The new job is going great. I get to cut hateful flowery phrases ("It makes history unforgettable!") and extra words from our catalog. Then I get to analyze how our books stand up to theirs. It's surprisingly fun, and cutting flowery ad-speak is like a dream come true.

What else . . . . Let's see. We don't have a toilet in our house! Yes, there are hazards to redoing a bathroom when you only have one bathroom. Kevin took it out yesterday. Stevie pooped in a bucket outfitted with a bag, and I missed it! Luckily, it was a nice night last night, and peeing in the yard brought back pleasant memories of my cabin and seeing stars configured in ways that humans rarely see. Most people don't venture outside at 3:45 am in early April. I feel lucky! We may be without a toilet for the rest of the week. But, when it goes in again, it will be placed atop a very pretty light-greyish-blue and tan ceramic tile floor, and in front of pine beadboard wainscotting. Can you picture anything lovelier? Only in Restoration Hardware. (See www.wwygomnimedia.blogspot.com)

It's just about time to leave for the bank. I will try to write again this week and let all interested parties know how Stevie's kindergarten registration went. I'm sure the two of you will enjoy it.

Bye!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Your mysterious country life never ceases to amaze and delight.

. . . a BUCKET!! Wow. My girls will (probably) never have the pleasure.

Hey, didn't Sunbury get a hella lotta snow on Saturday? If so, I wondered how that impacted your toilet-less existence?

6:42 AM  
Blogger Sven Golly said...

I love that Band song "Time to Kill," and there's even a 'bucket' in it! I'm not going to ask for a clarification of the statement that Stevie pooped in a bucket and you missed it. I guess his aim is better. Reminds me of the time Zoe (who was maybe four at the time) had to go while we were cross-country skiing at Punderson, so we stepped off the trail and she squatted and made some yellow snow. I was so proud.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home