Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Mish-Mash of Nearly Pointless Information

Boy! With a title like that, who wouldn't want to read this?

In brief, our visit with Anthony this past weekend went very well--better than expected, even. He and Stevie got along great (and didn't seem forced at all), he was very affectionate, and he is already calling us "mom" and "dad". I'll write more later, including Kevin's amazing statement that sent me over the cliff of bonding--in the good sense!

My boss and I are taking off for New Orleans today, and we'll be there for the next 3 days and 2 nights. I've only been to N.O. once, but I had a GREAT time. I'm looking forward to some very good food and perhaps even some music. (?) Of course, we're there to work, so it's not all fun and games. And at least one of our work/dinner companions is not very likeable. Still, it's amazing what a couple of beignets and cafe au laits can do to ease the pain of a bitchy companion.

Plus, I'm still reading that book about the Mississippi River flood of 1927, and right now it's going into detail about how the powers-that-were in N.O. convinced the feds to blast the levees below N.O., flooding out their less glamourous neighbors (without compensation), and "saving" N.O. This despite the fact that "natural" levee failures upriver were already easing the threat to N.O. What a bunch of wankers those guys were. And, you know, you get what you get when you build a city on low, low land surrounded by a really big river on one side, a really big lake on the other, and an ocean on the third.

That's it for now! Check in again soon, dear readers, and have a great weekend.