Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Keeping Secrets

I can keep your secrets, but I'm lousy at keeping my own. I'm pregnant!

I told a few people yesterday, but I told my boss today. I went into his office and said "I have something to tell you. Let's see if you can guess what it is." Then I placed a packet of saltines on his desk. Three whole seconds later, the father of three's eyes grew wide. "You're pregnant?" Temporary distress gave way to "congrats" when I assured him that I planned to keep working. Of course I'm going to keep working. What else do I have to do?

So for those of you who don't know, I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant. My first OB exam and ultrasound is mid-May.

Kevin and I are quite surprised--it's been 5 years since I was pregnant with Stevie and we haven't done anything to prevent a 2nd pregnancy . . . and it's been FIVE YEARS! I was beginning to think I was done. And I'm a little stressed now--it's still early in the game, and I'm 35, which means a higher risk. But I don't want to wait until some mostly arbitrary date comes and goes to share the news. I'm pregnant now, and I'm assuming the best.

Depending on how it goes at Anthony's match meeting today, we may be parents of three by the end of the year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

Wow. Congratulations! That's pretty big, momentous, stupendous, life-altering news. I guess this doesn't change your intentions to adopt? You guys are brave souls (but we knew that) with lots of energy (but we knew that too) and a lot to give to whatever lucky soul(s) enter your family.

11:57 AM  
Blogger David said...

Once again, congratulations! If it is a girl, you are welcome to borrow any of the clothes from our kids--if you want them. (And if they are in any shape to be reused.) We got them second-hand from a neighbor of Tegan's mom, so they have been used a few times by now. And the original purchaser had a thing for Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, Baby Gap, and all of those other corporate entities that you dislike . . . but they would be free, so stick it to the Man!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

horay!! wow two maybe at once is alot, but it might work out having some maternity leave time for bonding with the new little boy! keep me up to date!
love ya
bubs

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home