Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Driving, ever driving

Might as well bring you up to date on some recent bumperstickers and license plates. It's harmless fun that many of you can relate to.

I saw a license plate a month or so ago that said "LV DR PHL". Yes, this is a true story. This was right after "Bob and Tom" had just trashed him for repeatedly pushing his book and "tape" to anyone with ears. To make matters worse, it was a woman of Boomer age driving a PT Cruiser. I can almost smell the "good time oldies" music. And the good livin'.

I can't think of the obnoxious one I just saw. But, in general, I see a lot of HUGE SUVs, usually the American "Excusion" variety, with Bush stickers on them. It's funny how you can instantly hate someone . . . without ever meeting them!

I'm usually very considerate in traffic, with two exceptions: 1. I say "no way!" to those obnoxious drivers who KNOW the lane is ending and, instead of getting in the long line with everyone, so everyone can proceed at a slow but steady pace, they race up to where the lane ends, forcing the line of traffic to stop. start. stop. start. Despite my growls of "DON'T DO IT" some idiot ALWAYS lets these people in! Who are those people? 2. Whenever I am in a position to be nice to huge SUV drivers, especially those with Bush stickers, I'm not.

I fantasize about commuter trains.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on my way back to the c-bus from c-land yesterday i saw a huge pick up truck with a sticker that said "eatin' chevys shittin' fords" i found it delightful. i was too busy delighting in it to look for a bush sticker, but i'm sure it had one somewhere.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home