Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lee Greenwood's America

I'm not a techie, or I would have copied this picture on my blog. But close your eyes and picture . . . a Chevy truck. Above the word "Chevrolet" on the metallic band across the tailgate, a very special, and very large, message:

"I Like Guns, Hate Fags, and Love Bush"

Beside this message of unbelievable but much-too-typical stupidity . . . a Chevy emblem, only with a picture of a hand . . . giving you the finger.

Michigan plates.

You can view it by going to www.thismodernworld.com and scrolling down a bit.

(Perhaps this gentleman would be the target buyer for one of my "piss on ribbons" stickers, with that little scamp Hobbes delightfully peeing . . . on a sticky car ribbon! Is there a greater joy than marketing? I think not.)

I've always thought that my dream job would involve singing really well in front of thousands of adoring fans--like Aretha Franklin, or Mick Jagger. But now I'm beginning to see the beauty of being a traffic cop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

Great site, and I've loved Tom Tomorrow's cartoons for years. Isn't he the creator of Senator Bob Forehead and other hilariously accurate Washington characters? I liked the note about Amnesty Intl. calling U.S. detention camps "gulags" and Bushie Boy going, "Are NOT!" Go pray about it and then bomb some civilians, okay, you'll feel better.

8:33 AM  
Blogger David said...

Don't besmirch all marketing . . . or bite the hand that feeds you :).

But, yeah, that was an awful bumper sticker and is symptomatic of the inherent awfulness of capitalism--if there are people to buy it, there are people willing to produce it.

If only we could choose the good people and eliminate the bad people. Maybe embryonic gene manipulation ain't so bad after all? (Only kidding, really.)

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home