Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Today's Exciting Recap! AKA Worst. Post. Ever!

Much to Burb's counter-envious delight, the guessing of little Mark's middle name ended up under an email string entitled "Everyone's favorite dead baby shark in fermeldahyde". It's actually "formaldehyde", but I have the knowledge that comes from working in the funeral business for a whole year, so I can forgive . . . but I'll never forget.

The following are the lowlights from this stupido conversation and THE REVEAL.

By the way, you can check out Burb's chain o' spite at www.whywontyougrow.blogspot.com.

Lulu: Your guesses have been amusing and, at times, very good (Thelonius), but you are all wrong so far. And, come on, spec—“Mark TED Mc”? That’s a pretty clompy name.

Spec: I was going for the “person I know and love and is part of the family already” connection.

Lulu: Huge Hint: Think of the arts.

Spec: T n’ A That’s art, isn’t it?

Gamgee: Tiberius – after James T. Kirk….

Gamgee, persistently: Thomas for Thomas Jefferson. He was artisy, wasn’t he? Designing his house and all……….

Lulu: Sorry. No. TJ certainly had talent, but there is no ambiguity as to the talent possessed by this particular person. Aww, I just gave it away. . . .

Raisinette: I feel like a total idiot for having no idea- the only ambiguous person in the arts I can think of is David Bowie. But it’s not Mark “Ziggy” Mc. More hints!

Gamgee--again!: Tyler!! For Steven Tyler! Can’t miss his talent!


MC: Tecumseh

Lulu: MC . . . outdoor dramas aren’t art, silly!

MC: Well, in my family they are!! I probably shouldn’t talk since my family also believes that David Hasselhoff should run for president…

Burb: I love that this discussion quickly shifted from her blog comments (Thanks Spec!) to Outlook. That way, her hit count didn’t move much! (Booyah!) And seriously, Lulu, congratulations and everything. I’m sure he’ll be the most celebrated Mark in your entire county!

BH: Twain? Tolstoy?

BH, after further urging: Haha, Mark Twain Mc. I just realized that. I should think things through before I say/type them.

Lulu: Yes, you should, ADD girl. Despite that, YOU ARE THE WINNER!!! You have just won 19 fabulous chickens! You can pick them up at my place this weekend, dead or alive. Your choice!

BH: Can I have them undead?

"Can I have them undead?" Curious words from a curious, sushi-lovin', dog-totin', graphic skirt-wearin', fun-lovin' bangs-sportin' gal.

And that's the moral of today's string. Good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wow! WWYG?! has never been called a "Chain of spite" before.

But, I thank you for the link and for my first suggestion as to what I should put in my footer.

AND, I am glad someone finally attempted to replicate the emails chains of nonsensical chatter that we often have. I have wanted to try it before, but never did--probably because I don't waste ALL my time at work. (Must be nice to work in Marketing).

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home