Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Word Jumble

Does anyone else out there think that our president is evil and is dragging our country through the mud? I do.

Neocons and other idiots like to spin the story that liberals hate their country. That's a bunch of bunk. I'm a total liberal, and I love my country. I just hate the president and his evil administration. Those guys are poison. I try to find the good in most people, but I have failed with them as all I can see is unabashed greed--no matter what the cost--with a big American flag waving in front of it. (Al Franken says that neocon-types love their country like a 4-year old loves her mommy--she never does anything wrong and saying something bad about her is not O.K. Real patriots love their country like adults in mature relationships--willing to admit that things aren't always great, but always striving to correct problems, apologize for past wrongdoing, and move on to better things.)

Today the big news is the bombings in London, and al Qaeda is taking "credit." Good for them! What a wonderful thing to take credit for! (I'm kidding.) Neocons will also say that liberals blame their country first and apologize for the terrorists who hate us because of all of our many freedoms. I'm not apologizing for the terrorists--they're murderous asshole psychopaths who need to die in creative ways. But I can't let our leaders off scot-free: despite their pathetic soundbites, it's their (our) actions in the world--their hideously greedy and heartless actions, their flaunting of wealth and total disregard for others, their irresponsibility for wrongdoing coupled with the conceit of being the "beacon of hope"--that breed this hatred. I'm not about to blow up innocent people, but I feel the hatred, too. It sucks.

In fact, I am so disgusted with this current administration that the thought crossed my mind--as it briefly did on September 11--that they were responsible for this bombing. Maybe not directly, but they allowed it to happen. As for the latter, what a perfect excuse for waging a war and securing a bunch of oil after 8 years of peace! And as for today's events, what a great way to get Tony Blair to leave the G8 summit before the world press gets to hear him argue for an agenda that included reaching an agreement with the U.S. over global warming, increasing our aid for African and other countries, and other things that would, according to Bush, 'put too much stress on the American economy.'

Kevin woke me this morning at the usual 6:15. The windows were open, a cool breeze was blowing over me, and I was perfectly comfy and cozy in my crisp white sheets and light down comforter. Stevie was sleeping beside me, snuggled in a fuzzy red blankie, looking like a perfect little angel. I didn't get out of bed until 7:15.

I should have stayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home