Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It All Just Makes Me So Tired

I had what I hope was my last ultrasound yesterday. We fully expected little Marky to weigh-in at just under 8 pounds (they grown about 1/2 pound per week at this stage), which would mean talking inducement with the OB today, which would possibly mean that tomorrow would be my last day at work.

He only weighs about 7 pounds, 3 oz! Meaning he grew only 13 ounces in 3 weeks! I don't know if that's bad or not--the ultrasound doc didn't seem distressed. He said only that babies can grow in spurts and perhaps Mark had decided to slow down. He's still 75th percentile, which is quite large. Stevie was only 2 oz. bigger when he was born.

What it could mean is that the birthday might be closer to the actual due date (12-12) than I'd hoped. I'm really ready to have him, to get out of here for a few weeks, to walk normally again.

I got home a little earlier than usual because of the afternoon appointment. I figured I'd be very productive with the "extra" time and get some quilts sewn or some work work done. Instead I laid on the couch and watched Oprah. She had an audience full of "Katrina heroes"--people who had volunteered during that crisis. And she was giving them thousands of dollars worth of presents--her "favorite things"--to thank them. That's all well and good, but it was a bit distressing to see an entire audience going NUTS over a Sony Vaio laptop and the video iPod and other vastly overpriced consumer goods. It's cool that they got it, but their reactions to this STUFF made me wonder if they would've been happier if all those dollars had gone to Katrina in some way--or not.

So I laid around, watching Oprah, ate peanut butter crackers, took a little nap, then watched another movie (Kicking and Screaming--the could've-been-a-lot-better Will Farrell "soccer dad" movie. D+.), and got a little down because I did nothing to move my agenda forward. Later I realized that it was because I was tired and let down at the prospect of being pregnant for longer than I was hoping for.

Today I'll talk to the OB and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home