Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Truth is I've had nothing to write about lately!

Yep. Things are pretty slow around the old fort. I put up my Christmas tree this weekend and wrapped all of the presents that I have so far. Usually I start Thanksgiving weekend, but the baby, you know. I need to be READY.

And now I have relatively little to do to complete Christmas preparations. Which is satisfying! There are a few more presents to buy and wrap, a few more rag quilts to make (they're easy, but time-consuming). I also have to fill out the innards of the Christmas cards, lick, and send--I am waiting until Mark is born or until the week after Thanksgiving, whichever comes later. But I'm not cooking any big dinners or--God forbid--traveling anywhere, so I'm feeling good!

I went to a party with work people over the weekend that was really fun. Enough said. Except for this: When I contemplate the pretty-much mandatory move to Missouri someday, I think about those folks--you folks--and painfully realize that we're building a pretty solid life here and there's no way that that sort of network of people can be reformed in Missouri. Nope, in Missouri it will be family, mostly, and mostly one person in that family, whom I love but whom is quite overtly religious and that fact, possibly, could limit our friendship. I hope not, though. And then I'm not in as big a hurry to leave. Better to soak it up here and move when we're--I'm--ready. Because once we move it is thought of by both of us as the last time we move. Of course, you never know what the future will bring, but we see it as the digging in portion of our life. I'm rambling. And, sometimes, scrambling to find a similar piece of land here. Nothing wrong with having TWO parcels of land, right?

One day I may write about the 180 acres that will be parceled out to the family in a most-likely wildly unfair way due to things that happened years ago that only one person can put "right" now, and that person is unlikely to do that. The reason I mention it at all is twofold: 1. ya'll know how nuts I am about wanting land and 2. a good chunk of land gained through an inheritance might change some plans (yet again). We'll see.

That's it for now, dear reader.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

On the edge of my seat, awaiting the next chapter in the always exciting and suspenseful Story of Lulu. I love the teaser "one day I may write about..." to keep the reader hanging.

8:21 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

O-ooo-oooooh, man, that makes me want to write just for spite!

Maybe not. I am torn about writing about The Family Land. It would involve the personal lives and muckety-muck of non-nuclear family members. It's a good story, though, if a bit edgy from my own personal "justice" point-of-view.

It may not always be exciting or edge-of-the-seat, but it certainly is suspenseful! Seriously--what happens next is anyone's guess. Life is interesting that way.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home