Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Quickly Now . . .

Surprisingly, I'm wanting to get to work this morning! I actually experienced a touch of boredom yesterday (Sunday). There was plenty to do, but I didn't feel like doing any of it. Truth be told . . . I just want to go shopping. Christmas shopping. I like seeing all of the new stuff. But, alas, almost all of my Christmas shopping is DONE! That's right. And all of my Christmas cards are addressed and stamped. For some reason, I feel this sense of urgency--must.get.things.done.

So I'll tell a little kid story: Kevin and I never tire of having Stevie around. It's amazing to watch this little person grow up right in front of us. Of course, we see a lot of ourselves in him, but his personality shines through, too. The fact that he is such a happy little guy is very rewarding--a joy to see. He was in rare comic form yesterday. During bathtime, his father elegantly asked him "Did you wash all the stink out of your butt?" "Yeah." Then Kevin said something like "I'm going to wash the stink out of my butt when I take a shower later" and Stevie said--I swear--"There's not enough water in the Pacific AND the Atlantic to wash the stink out of YOUR butt!" Chip off the ol' block, that one. Later, he asked for macaroni and cheese for dinner. When we said "sure", he got excited and started walking all robotic like and finally "bowed" for macaroni, saying "I bow for macaroni" in a very stiff, Japanese way! It was hilarious.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home