Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Stupid Medical Benefits!

WARNING: I use the word "fuck" many times in this post.

Yes, it's those stupid, horribly expensive medical benefits that keep me tethered to my desk.

Yesterday Ms. *** (she doesn't have a blogging nickname) came to my house and we sewed handbags. Well, I mostly cut out patterns. Babies need fed. After she left, I continued to fuck up my bag in between completing basic family duties, sewing a Right side to a Wrong side TWICE and having to rip out.

Yet even with these devastating setbacks, I caught myself thinking--many times--"How the fuck do I manage to turn staying at home into a profit deal and quit my soulless corporate job?"

This morning I woke up at 3 a.m. to feed Marky. Stevie was sleeping next to us. He's trying to make it through the night without peeing all over himself. I checked him to see if he was dry so I could get his totally cute 5 year-old zombie body to the potty. He wasn't. But knowing that I had to get up in a few hours and haul myself to work, I just covered him up and went back to sleep. If I could stay home, I would have changed him and cleaned him up and moved him to his own, dry, plastic-protected bed. Because I could sleep in a bit.

As it was, the alarm jarred me awake at 5:45 and made Marky squirm. His head was tucked up into my upper arm, his body all snug against my side. He has gained control over his neck and seems to really enjoy quickly turning it from one side to the other. How fucking cute is that?

And yet here I am, positively joyless, about to start on a task that I don't care about for people who don't love me as they should. Another mommy is at my house with my kids, and I fucking hate it.

Happy Monday, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

But, but, but...the future commander in chief of everyone in the universe, Dr. Bill Frist, says this country has the best health care system in the history of the world! And he should know. And I'm looking forward to his imperial administration, when we can all call him "Doctor Bill" - and what will we call the First Lady, "Copay?"

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home