Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Dang it! I just found the other one!

Still going through my file of scrap, and I found the second ad! Go down one post and read it first, then come back. I'll wait.

Are you back? Here's the first ad I placed (the one you should have just read is the second).

(In bold) SPLENDID, STRAIGHT-FORWARD WOMAN
27, 5'8", into tough hikes, hot springs, off-the-grid, books, beer, hilarious company. Seeking modern mountain man, older/taller for stimulating LTR. Brains, balance, bravery. Bad habits welcome.

It was the very first ad under "Women seeking men" and, I think, a pretty good one. I tried to be descriptive--notice the elaboration on the boring ol' "dinners and walks" theme. And the "bad habits welcome" was like a code in this moralistic Mormonic world that screamed "I am sick of you prudes and your 'No smokers, drinkers, drugs, freaks, or weirdos' requirements!"

Oh. The "Splendid" was more of an attempt to grab attention with a different sort of word. It worked. The guy I fell in love with was a newspaper editor and commented on the attention-grabbing power of that word.

So...what can be surmised from these two ads? My perfect life would consist of sitting in hot water with tall, funny men? Yep. Sounds about right.

1 Comments:

Blogger flipper said...

Wow--I think I would date you if I saw that ad! Except I'm not very tall. Also, I'm not a man. I am pretty hilarious, though, and I definitely have plenty of bad habits--maybe I could have talked you into a compromise.

By the way, if you truly suspect your house is haunted, DO NOT read "House of Leaves." You'll never sleep again.

When you visit in August, could you set up a filing system for me? You know I'm a sucker for the color coordination.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home