Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, July 13, 2007

An old-fashioned personal ad

I am still filing, ever filing. I am down to the dregs--the stuff thrown into a random "Scrapbook" file. These things, if they survive the shredder, will now go into a copy paper box--one for each member of the family. Yes, I typed and printed "Lisa scrap" and taped it to the top--and side--of a box. And I did it for Kevin, Mark, and Stevie, too.

Anyway, I came across one of the two personal ads that I placed in the SLC newspaper back when I was a single career gal in Moab. At the risk of great personal humiliation, I reprint it here in honor of Flip's refreshingly revealing dating posts:

(In bold) COOL, STRAIGHT-UP WOMAN...
28, 5'8", athletic, into balance, wilderness, work, Moab, music, hedonism, and hot tubs. You are 28-40, very tall, happy, intelligent, competent, brave, and hilarious.

I haven't come across the other one yet. I think I may have put it into a post already? I met a few really cool people through these ads, including my buddy Nate and a guy I fell in love with. I met one guy whose loneliness had turned him into maybe half a freak, but that was my only lame brush with the "dangers" of personal ads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home