Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Lulu: Shepherd

I tell you, my sheep are just the sweetest things. The yellow tagger (June) is a bit stand-offish, but April and May are like big sweet doggies, standing quietly, gently jostling each other for position, soaking up the ear scratching.

This is April, the leader of the tri-flock. Her name reflects her leadership--she's always first--but we didn't realize that until later. Cool!


This is May. She's a big sweetie!


June doesn't like to be photographed, but she finds group pictures less offensive.


June is the oldest. Mr. Heifer almost didn't bring her, as she wasn't feeling well the day before she came. She rallied and he brought her, but she seemed to go downhill when she got to my place. Maybe a cold? I don't know, but she was very sluggish and not eating much and we feared the worst. Good news is that she has rallied and is acting like a normal old ewe. This is her (and April's and May's) retirement villa, and I think she's really enjoying her small, stress-free flock and green grass, not to mention all the nice weather we've been having.

Not all sheep are this tame. I feel lucky to start with such upstanding gals. And yes, I said "start". How could I NOT want more???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home