Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Hilarious Kid

Stevie was out of school yesterday and went to work with me. As I work in city hall, there are big posters on the door saying "NO FIREARMS!" I told Stevie that I hoped he left his guns back in the car. He said, "The only guns I have are these." and then "cocked" his arm--"ch ch--BLAM!"

A long time ago, someone at the work lunch table told us about a tattoo this guy had that said "this way to the gun show" and had arrows pointing at his biceps. I told Stevie about that. Months and months and months ago. And, when the opportunity presented itself, he made the joke. Is my pride showing?

We went downstairs and I told my co-worker that I hoped she didn't mind Stevie bringing his guns. He jumped into her doorway and showed off his guns. It was hilarious.

Then, later, I counted up my hours worked and absentmindedly said "I'm gonna have a big fat paycheck this time around."

Stevie took this little comment and amused himself for about 5 minutes. First by saying "Gonna have a big fat paycheck" in all different kinds of Southern accents (we've been watching "Cars" over and over, and the kids love "Mater"--played by Larry the Cable Guy). So it morphed into "Buh-ig Fayet Payee-check" in high notes and low. Then he started saying it in his "entertaining a baby" voice (that's what he called it): "Who's going to have a big fat paycheck? YOU are! You're going to have a big fat paycheck. Yes you are!", his voice going up and down the register.

And then the whopper. He turned on his best Uruk-hai voice and said "Looks like big fat paychecks are BACK on the menu, boys!"

I giggled and giggled. We raised him right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home