Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I've really missed my blog!

My blog post yesterday...it has really helped! It's my link to the great people at the Hill, to my friends and family who love and support me. I think it's actually become a habit--something I need to do to keep it together.

I've been re-watching Sex and the City on Netflix. After I re-watch the 6th season I'll treat myself to an afternoon at the theater watching the movie. I really like that vapid, silly, colorful show. And I know it's really sappy to say this, but watching those four fictional girlfriends makes me really appreciate my own friends. I know we don't talk a whole lot, or god knows see each other, but, oh, I don't know how to say it. I know some of you read this, and it's a comfort to me. I feel like some of you--and you probably know who you are--will be with me for a long time. I only wish we had more face-time. I hate using terms like 'face-time', by the way.

So keep writing, keep calling, keep me on those email strings.

And, as for the big babies I've had to deal with in the past few weeks, I've decided to take a gratifying 'fuck them' attitude. A few little babies who won't take responsibility for themselves are just not allowed to hold so much sway over what gets done in this city (or what goes on in my head). It's very liberating to feel this way! And, in the absence of perfection, it's the best alternative.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Thanks for giving a crap, or at least for having a morbid fascination in the foibles of others' lives and taking the time to inform yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Now THAT'S the Lulu we know and love!

Give 'em hell!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home