Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Republicans and Meat

I Voted! I was very excited about it, too. I was going to take Stevie with me, but he bailed this morning. If I picked him up from school today, we were going straight to the polls. If daddy picks him up, it's straight to the computer for games (after homework). He voted for the latter. So much for democracy.

No lines! Well, I waited for a minute or two behind these two old women who had a hard time signing their names. But after that, it was straight to the voting room. I picked up my big, sturdy cardstock ballot and began filling in the arrows that were pointing to the candidates and issues I wanted elected and passed.

I voted for Obama. Gobama! Let's turn this red state BLUE!

I voted for Democrats in the state races. I voted for two Republicans on the local level, and left the other local races blank. The Chamber hosted a Meet the Candidates night last week (yours truly kept the time and held up the "30 seconds" and "STOP" signs) and the local candidates are good and the party platform has nothing to do with what their job duties call for.

I voted to increase the size of Hometown--an issue that went down in the primary vote because of three votes among the folks in the annexed area. Now it needs a combined (Hometown and Annex Zone) 2/3 majority to pass.

So there ya go. I'm itching for 6 p.m. CST to come, when I can turn on the TV to see what happened on the East Coast (and PA . . . and Ohio . . .). Go Pennsylvania!

As for Halloween night, it was loads better than last year. I'll try to get some pictures of all these happenings loaded up soon. Both my boys went in last year's costumes! Stevie was a ninja--sans red flame embellishments. He spent the evening creeping up on people. Mark went as the cutest little Indian ever, copying everything his brother did. I painted 'war stripes' on his cheeks and nose with marker. The kid loves make-up. He embellished himself the very next day--with Sharpie.

I'm going to get to work. Happy voting, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home