Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Friday, October 03, 2008

I'm not productive today.

The committee discussing whether or not to combine my two jobs voted 5-0 to combine. Overall, that's a good thing for Hometown and should mean a pay increase and more autonomy for me.

But I've been astonishingly unproductive this past week, even when I wasn't sick. Why is that? I think it has something to do with old perfectionist tendencies creeping back in, paralyzing me because when I do it, I want to do it perfect. Or with the fact that I have about 2 dozen things on my immediate-to-do list and most of them are in the beginning stage--if they've been started at all. Daunting.

I didn't get a weekend last weekend. I was working the festivals that pay my salary. Maybe I just need a good weekend. Talk to you later, dear reader. I'm going to clean up my desk, fax two things, pick up the kid, and head home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home