Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Documentaries

(There were many grammar errors in this post. I hope I've fixed the worst of them. Many pardons!)

Two good documentaries that I highly recommend:

1. King Corn
Not the greatest doc, but entertaining and educational. It gets more points because it focuses on industrial agriculture and why there isn't any food to eat in the middle of the Corn Belt and all that good stuff. It's inspired by Michael Pollan's "Omnivore's Dilemma" and you'll learn something if you watch it and you really should care about this stuff.

2. The Rape of Europa
OK, it's a documentary about the Nazis, but it's worth it I swear! It's the story of what happens when a frustrated art school reject puts a little army together and takes out his wrath. I didn't realize how far-reaching and systematic Hitler's art theft and destruction was, or the scope of his plan to destroy the cultures of various subhumans and substitute them with crappy German art that would be more at home in a 50s-era Outdoor Life ad than in the Louvre. It was so interesting that I kept it around for nearly 3 months until I had a chance and was in the mood to watch the entire thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home