Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

What's in a name?

Today I experienced grave misgivings over the name of my blog. It's not that "Rural Fetish" is a bad name or not the sum of my entire life. But I'm currently downloading a lot of my CDs onto this computer and I listened to the song "Foggy Notion" by the Velvet Underground (my favorite band of all time) and decided that THAT would have been the flat-out best name for this blog.

As you continue to read it (oh please, please, please, generous reader, as the primary goal of my life is to get more hits than Burb), the perfection of this title will become apparent.

So here's my dilemma: Do I change a good, shakily established name for a perfect, yet untried and unknown name, but one that is bound to get a few hits on Google by people who, in their love for the VU, might actually consider it a good thing to get linked to my blog?

Oh, the vexations of the too-overloaded-to-be-bored-and-so-have-turned-the-corner-back-into-a-boredom-like-state mind.

By the way, I still love the tagline. But I also love change. Gosh DANGIT! Why is life so hard?!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home