Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I Refuse to Live in Fear!

This morning I was stuck behind a white minivan with a personalized license plate. It read "I'm sober".

That, combined with the "Heaven--don't miss it for the world" bumpersticker I saw last week, plus the dozens of "W" stickers and "Support our troop" demands (sorry, mom) and "My son is in the air force" and "my kid is a honor student" and Christian fish emblems and all the other claptrap I see everyday as I inch my way down the Parkway, at an average of 4 mph, on my way into work . . . well, it makes me wish I could ride a bike to work. In a different country. Or at least a more liberal part of town. Or grow exotic, invasive vegetables for the exclusive clientele of high-end restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home