Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Insights Wanted

Does anyone know what kind of crime I could commit that 1. doesn't really hurt anyone and doesn't carry tons of stigma and 2. gets me placed on house arrest (with no jail time . . . and minimum fees). Should I go the marijuana route? Probably too much stigma, huh?, me with young kids and all. Perhaps mild white collar embezzlement stuff. If I lift a few too many textbooks, would that qualify?

When Martha was on house arrest, I thought, "How awesome! She gets her pick of several fabulous estates, she can cook, collect eggs, sew, whatever!". I hear, though I'm not for sure, that frolicking around in the yard is a no-no; that it's HOUSE ONLY.

No matter. I could deal with that. Today starts the Shop Hop, where 12 area quilt shops open their doors to their decked-out, sale-full stores for a few days. You go to each store, they stamp your "passport", and you turn it in for a chance at fabulous prizes. I feel even more justified in spending money during Shop Hop because, well, it's shop hop! It only happens once a year.

But all of my new treasures get me to feeling a bit overworked. As in I'd rather be home than at work. And if I could get on house arrest, I would have no choice but to stay home and quilt. A better sentence I can scarcely imagine.

Are you kind of sad for me now?

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Isn't that hit show Weeds about a depressed soccer mom that sells Mary Jane from her neighborhood home with all her homemaker friends?

And didn't the actress (Mary Elizabeth Stuart Masterontonio or someone like that . . .) win a Golden Globe for her performance?

What I'm saying is that the stigma is not what it once was . . .

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home