Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Hello. I'm Johnny Cash.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My husband . . . gay?

The evidence:

Sunday night, 5:30 p.m.
I fit in a quick workout before dinner with friends. It's Leslie Sansone's "Power Walk and Jog", possibly one of the girliest workout videos ever. My husband has never done a workout video with me before but--who's that next to me struggling (mightily) to keep the beat? Kevin. Evidence to the contrary: He was wearing Carhartts and work boots and, yes, drinking a beer, throughout. We traded off on holding the baby.

Monday night, approximately 8 p.m.
After a soul-refreshing trip to Target to stock up on diapers, Marky Christmas presents (welcome, Mr. Potato Head!), and Aveeno Positively Radiant spf 15 moisturizer, I find myself with a box of impulsively purchased Biore pore strips. After the humiliating experience of having my husband laugh at me for sounding off on an unfair portrayal of organic farmers in BusinessWeek because he couldn't see past the pore strip on my nose, I peeled off said pore strip and showed him the gory evidence of my now superclean and tingly pores. His response? "I've always wanted to try one of those."

So he did. And his pores are clean. There is no contrary evidence on this one, except for the implication that that was his first--and last--pore strip experience.

So what's a girl to do? Is it only a matter of time before I catch him in my slip with lipstick smeared across his Positively Radiant face?

Disclaimer: Come on, people. You know me better than that.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I admit that I have always wanted to try one of those pore strips as well . . . but I am MUCH more gay than Kevin.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home